Join us this August (23rd – 26th) for four days of photography, styling, foraging, creativity and exploration. Together Olivia @Adelasterfoodtextures & I will be hosting an intimate workshop on the charming Swedish island of Gotland.
Here in this historic Swedish holiday destination, we will spend our days exploring the creative process, the basics of camera mechanics, food styling, and the visual narrative. We will be joined by guest teacher Linda Lomelino for an afternoon tea. She will share her beautiful expertise of baking, styling and creating a cookbook over the course of the afternoon. There will be a hands-on styling demonstration with Linda and a Q&A as we enjoy a leisurely time at our ‘afternoon tea table’. In addition to spending time creating at our rambling Swedish farmhouse, we will make an excursion into the world heritage town Visby, lunch at one of the island’s restaurants and an afternoon wander at the island’s herb farm.
As we explore the local food and cultural landscape of Gotland, there will be ample consideration and guidance in the art of the photographic narrative and the composition of the lifestyle photograph. With photo-rich opportunities abound, Olivia will guide us through an afternoon of making herbs and flowers into tonics, teas, scrubs and skincare to use at home. She will also lead attendees who share an interest of wild food on a walk identifying wild plants and keeping a watchful eye for the unique and “only native to Gotland’, Salma berries.
We are also incredibly excited to offer an optional yoga session each morning to further cultivate a space for personal reflection, and stillness. Weather you this will be your first time or you have years of experience, we hope it will bring another dimension to our time on Gotland. Yoga has been a part of Krissy’s life and creative practice now for 5 years and she could not be more delighted to be able to share some of the joys of this style of bodywork with participants. Sessions will be taught in English by a Swedish instructor.
With days packed full of inspiring opportunities for creativity, styling, cooking and photography; mornings and evenings will focus on the simple joys of gathering, sharing meals and the camaraderie of conversation. Sharing plant-centric meals, together round the table, this will be a time to reflect, relax and ask questions about everything from social media to pitching freelance work. This will also be a time to explore the needs of attendees, whether you are just starting out and looking to focus on developing a personal style and learning how to find work or are more experienced and looking for new opportunities in the industry, with a focus on working from anywhere in the world.Olivia and Krissy are also presenting attendees with the very unique opportunity to have a preparation call before the workshop and to have our week’s work followed up with a 4 month portfolio review. Krissy and Olivia will review your work four months after the conclusion of the workshop via skype should you like. Giving you time to address those questions as you continue creating at home.
We hope you will join us in Gotland, Sweden this August! We look forward to meeting you.
– Dates: 23rd – 26th August 2017
– Gotland, Sweden
– price in usd:
- $2600 private bedroom
- $2100 king bed, shared room with one twin bed
- $1950 single bed, shared room with one king bed
- $1950 twin bed, shared bunk room with four beds (one place remaining)
Please know that all baths in our farmhouse are shared
– 11 participants
– 4 days of food and lifestyle photography and instruction
– 3 breakfasts/brunch
– 3 dinners
– all entry and tickets for activities
– 4 month Follow up Portfolio Review with Olivia & Krissy
Materials, meals and three nights accommodation covered in the cost of the ticket
Nearest major airports are Gotland, Malmo, further afield Stockholm
Daily ferries from the mainland to the ferry
Please note, airfare, ferry and transportation to the workshop is not included in the ticket price
Deposit of 50% is needed for registration and a final payment will be due August 1, 2017.
There will be no refunds or cancellation. So please ensure you are able to attend before registering
For reservation or more details please contact: email@example.com
Who can attend:
Anyone with an interest in food, photography or visiting Sweden. Anyone looking for inspiration, a chance to immerse themselves creatively or steel a few days away and shore themselves against a bucolic coastal landscape. Photography beginners and advanced photographers will enjoy this experience equally. For the more advanced photographers and stylists we can angle it towards professional development and industry opportunities in Sweden.
- Olivia has worked as a photographer and stylist in Australia and upon returning to her native country Sweden hosted a restaurant pop up in nature. She also continued to work with photography and has exhibited her non food related photography in Australia and Sweden. Much of the food she makes has some elements of wild ingredients.
- Krissy O’Shea is a freelance photographer and stylist. After receiving her MFA in Photography from San Francisco Arts Institute, she moved to London and worked in editorial and events. She now resides in New England working as a freelance photographer, stylist, recipe developer and event designer. She is passionate about food and design and writes about it all on her popular lifestyle blog, CottageFarmblog.com.